Friday 14 October 2011

Adventures in Crocheting

I have what I've heard people refer to as "Crafter's ADD."  I switch between different crafty obsessions constantly.  Last year I decided to learn how to crochet.  I watched some videos on Youtube to get the basics, then I used a couple free patterns and made a hat and set of thumb-less mittens for my then 8 month old daughter.  My next crochet project was to be an owl hat.  But then I got distracted by sewing.  Now I'm expecting a new baby in November and I want to make my daughter and the new baby matching hats, so here we go again!

I purchased this owl hat pattern from Inner Hooker.

I have to say that as a beginner, this pattern was incredibly easy to follow!  I made my daughters owl hat, now I just need to get on to making one for the new baby.  I hope to improve on my techniques with weaving the ends in and sewing on the features a little bit with this next hat.  I truly don't know what I'm doing, but somehow I was able to make an adorable hat anyways!




If you have been considering giving crochet a go, I highly recommend just jumping right in.  It may look intimidating at first, but you will be amazed at what you can create if you just try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment